Dr. Kevin McGann is a Family Medicine Physician for all your health care needs. The Healthplex Family Clinic Physicians provide comprehensive care for people of all ages. Most insurance plans are accepted, as well as uninsured self-pay patients. Some of the services offered by these Family Physicians include, but are not limited to, the following:
Health Maintenance: checkups, disease screenings, routine physicals, mens health, womens health, and vaccinations.
Medical Management of chronic conditions: Family Medicine Physicians are well educated to help you manage the vast majority of chronic medical conditions.
Open Access Scheduling, if you are sick or injured today you can almost always see Dr. McGann today. Feel free to try our online appointment system!
Administrative visits: Paperwork for pre-participation sport physicals, school physicals, new employee physicals, etc.
Medical Home: A Family Phyician is often the doctor who coordinates your care with various Specialist or sub-Specialist Physicians, diagnostic facilities (labs/special scans) , treatment facilities (physical therapy/home health/hospitals) etc.
Procedures: Minor skin surgery, trigger point or joint injections, exercise treadmill stress testing, endoscopy, and more.
Laboratory and X-Ray Facility: The Healthplex Family Clinic has on site x-rays as well as a well equipped lab. Same day results are routinely obtained for our patients.
Education: Your Family Physician is always a reliable place to go with health care questions or concerns. If we don't know the answer we do know the best place to find it!
Extended Hours: The First Care Shreveport is owned and operated by the Healthplex Family Clinic. First Care is open seven days a week; it has evening hours during the week and is open during the day on week ends.
(1) OBSTETRICS. Pregnant patients are routinely sent to appropriate Obstetricians.
(2) PAIN MANAGEMENT. Acute pain is routinely treated but Dr. McGann does not usually prescribe long term narcotic pain medicines.
(3) EMERGENCY MEDICINE. The Healthplex Family Clinic is not equipped for moderate to severe emergencies, genuine emergencies must go to the nearest ER.
(4) HOSPITALIST. Dr. McGann no longer does in-hopital care. Those in need of hospital admission are referred to a suitable hospitalist.
(5) LONG TERM CARE. Dr. McGann no longer does nursing home care.